Sunday, May 3, 2009

Never Too Old to Play



Recently, writer Becky Blanton posed a question in a forum I read regularly. If you had to write your memoir in six words, what would they be?  My response was, "never got too old to play."

One of the catalysts for my answer was this video of Jerrie Thill produced by songwriter/artist Allee Willis.  I first encountered it after listening to a radio feature from Growing Bolder, a media enterprise that presents inspirational stories of older Americans doing interesting things.  The video captivated me. It gave me a role model, a goal to aim for.  

Will I still be laying down basslines when I'm ninety-something?  I sure hope so.  Means I've got about 40 more years to play.  Maybe I'll learn how to solo by then . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment